Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Shack revisited...


I know that the Shack is "old news" these days - but not really.  I still hear reconmendations of it from people I know and it is currently #12 on the NYT Paperback Trade Fiction list.

To be fair I must admit that I have only read bits and pieces of the work itself - not the whole thing.  However after reading over some reviews in the past year or so from people whose opinions I trust, I decided that it wouldn't serve any purpose for me to read the novel.

I am still concerned though for those who have read it and been duped by it.  I just ran across Tim Challies awesome review of the book and I wanted to post a link to that document HERE.

If you have read The Shack or if you know people who have I would suggest reading this review.  It can help correct the theological mistakes that you will have encountered in a reading and/ or it will prepare you to discuss those issues with others who may be confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment