Thursday, September 17, 2009

About this Blog


If you are new to my blog, you may be wondering what its all about.

Essentially, I spend alot of my time thinking about matters of faith.  In a culture so obsessed with materialism, consumerism, voyeurism, and a dozen other unhealthy "isms" - I can't find many people willing to discuss the things that most interest me.

As an exercise to get my thoughts "off of my chest," and in the hope that what I say might be used by God to bring others nearer to Him, I created this blog.  I also use this space to share articles, pics, and videos that I hope will be helpful to my readers.

The title of the blog is aptly based upon the first few verses of Colossians 3:

"If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.  Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.  For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.  When Christ who is your life  appears, then you also will appear with him in glory." (ESV)

I pray that my writings may be edifying and instructional to you AND glorifying to God.

Thanks for stopping by.
JG