Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Somethings not right...

I took a momentary break from scanning documents this morning to look up some gift ideas for myself.  This time of year people are always asking what I want for Christmas - much of that has already been decided for 2009...

We're getting a Nintendo Wii from my parents, a video camcorder from my wife's parents, and gift cards from my wife's siblings.  That leaves the gifts from my aunt and the gifts that my wife and I exchange to think about.

I looked over a few pages of MMA fight tee shirts.  I liked this one from Fairtex Muay Thai.




Then I thought about getting a shirt to express my faith.  I headed over to cafe press and found this nice, simple tee that captures the 5 points of biblical truth in subtle way.



As I kept looking at the webpage for Reformed apparel, I ran across something that disturbed me...



Yes, those are TULIP panties...correction, TULIP thongs!

I am all for sex.  Its an awesome gift of God in marriage to bring spouses closer together (and make babies of course!)

I am just fine with a wife wearing a thong or anything else she wants to don for her man...well most anything else...

Something seems wrong to me about putting a TULIP on a thong.  Why would one do that?

I am sort of a theological nerd, but seeing a TULIP on my wife's underwear would NOT be stimulating.

I know we are suppossed to do whatever we do to the glory of God, but some things are best left at the proverbial theological threshold.

Weird.

1 comment: