Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Selling Birthdays, Smoke Rings, and a Right Hook to some Ants.

Odd title I know.  I was trying to encapsulate my weekend with a quick phrase.



On Thursday night I was up until 1:30 am getting ready for our big Friday yard sale.  Then I was up at 4:30 on Friday to finish the prep.  It paid off pretty well thought - $400.  All of that went to Tiffany for her to buy a new lens that she has been wanting for her photography business.  




The rest of Friday night was prepping for my youngest son's 1st birthday party.  We decided to host the festivities in our backyard - that required some work.  I also got up butt-early on Saturday to finish the arrangements for the celebration.  It was worth it though, things turned out GREAT!  And we made our ritualistic Chic-Fil-A birthday meal run that night for din-din.  Check out the photos HERE.




After those exhausting 2 days you might think I would go home and crash.  Not so, the fights were on...StrikeForce MMA was being broadcast live on CBS from 9 until 11 and a friend from church invited me over to watch the action on a projector - NICE.  Two other friends from church were there, and artist and an accountant.  Also present was a blog buddy I had yet to meet in person.  Good men, one and all.  I blogged about the results at one of my other thought arenas.






As Presbyterians, we enjoyed some fine brewed beverages and some tobacco in moderation.  It is so nice to belong to a denomination that loves Jesus and the Gospel so enormously while also knowing how to enjoy all of Gods good creation in responsible liberty.




In fact, it was my first foray into smoking a pipe.  I had some difficulty keeping it lit, but thats apparently par for the course as a newbie.  I certainly felt like a hobbit and that made me very happy.




On a last note, we got invaded by ants again.  They took over my boys bedroom.  I waged war on them with the Terro gel that my friend recommended.  Great stuff.  They eat it, take it back to the hive, then hours later it hardens in their belly and they die.  Its nice having dominion.

UPDATE:  I checked on-line.  The new ants are carpenter ants.  The bait might not always wipe them put completely, they have some tricks up their sleeves - I will get them though!

1 comment: